This website (henceforth “website”) is provided by the Hamburger Hafen und Logistik Aktiengesellschaft (henceforth “us” or “we”). Further information regarding the provider of the website may be found in our Legal.
A. Handling of personal data
The following provides information about how personal data is handled when using this website. Where not described otherwise in the following sections, the legal basis for handling your personal data arises from the necessity of handling it for the purpose of providing the functionalities requested by you on this website (Section 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
B. Use of the website
Calling up the website
When you call up our website, your browser automatically transfers certain data to our web server in order to provide you with the information you have called up. In order to make your visit to our website possible, the following data is collected, briefly stored and used:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request, time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Operating system and its access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Browser, language and version of the browser software.
To safeguard our legitimate interests, we also store this data for a limited time to allow derivation of personal data in the case of unauthorised access or attempted access to local servers (Section 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
a) What cookies are
Our website gives you the option to sign up for our newsletter to receive emails that keep you up-to-date with new online magazine articles. We require only your email address for registration. We use a double opt-in process for the purpose of signing up for our newsletter. Once you have signed up on our website, we will send a message to the email address you have provided requesting confirmation. Your consent constitutes the legal basis for the processing of your data (Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR). You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. To do so, you can either click on the unsubscribe link found in every newsletter you can object to the processing of your data. To do this, please refer to the contact details in this website’s legal notice or get in touch with our data protection officer.
4. Transfer of data for processing on our behalf
We use specialised service providers to process some of your data. We carefully select and regularly monitor our service providers. They process personal data via order processing exclusively on our behalf and strictly in accordance with our instructions on the basis of corresponding agreements.
Data will only be processed outside the EU/the European Economic Area where an adequate level of data privacy is guaranteed.
5. Information about your rights
You have the following rights based on the applicable data protection laws:
- Right to information about the data we have stored about you
- Right to rectification, deletion or limitation of the processing of your personal data
- Right to object to processing that serves our legitimate interests, a public interest or profiling, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Right to data transferability
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You can revoke the consent you gave for the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time with future effect. More detailed information relating to this can be found in the respective sections above, which describe data processing based on your consent.
Should you wish to exercise your rights, please direct your concerns to the contact person named below.
For matters relating to data protection please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Write an Email
D. Amending the data protection declaration
We reserve the right to update this data protection declaration from time to time. Updates to this data protection declaration will be published on our website. Changes apply from the date of their publication on our website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit our website and take note of any possible updates.
Stand: 1. Oktober 2022